5 Quick Dinner Ideas
Updated: Nov 10, 2020
Hope you all are having a great week so far!! With back to school quickly approaching, the craziness starts back up! And there are times, I do not have time to make dinner! Sometimes I just need a little re-charge and some new ideas. So, I thought I would share some easy ideas with you to give you a little re-charge if you need one! One thing that does help me is meal planning, I know.... it does take a little bit of time to get use to, but once you start meal planning, things get so much easier! I found this little guide if you need a little push to get meal planning!
1. So I love mexican, and most of my kids do too. I will make burrito bowls probably ever other week! Super easy, all you need is the ingredients. If I know I am going to be making a mexican dish, I will make fresh salsa at the beginning of the week or over the weekend to have it ready for the rest of the week because that can be a little time consuming! This recipe is close to how I make it! I like that she gives you options on how you want to make it or how your family likes it! And I love all the flavors she uses! I hands down love our rice cooker, I use to make rice on the stove, yeah that's not happening anymore:) Way better when it's cooked in the cooker. I love to serve our bowls with these chips! And if I have extra ingredients leftover, I will mix it together and maybe add some refried beans and put in tortillas for enchiladas the next night!
2. I really like the one pot pasta meals, they are super fast and easy and you only get one pot dirty! I like this one, simple and the ingredients can be switched out. Sometimes, I don't use the chicken, but will add in more fresh veggies like peppers and mushrooms! Nate gets so mad, I never follow a recipe, I re-create my own, lol! You have to use a big pot for these one pot meals or you will not have enough room. I love my calaphon pot, I've been using it since we got married!
3. Make your own pizza's! This is always a hit, I have the ingredients ready to go and let the kids make their own pizzas and then I will either put them in the oven to bake or use our toaster oven. If you do not have a toaster oven, I don't even know how you do it! We use it for everything!! We no longer have a toaster, we don't use the moicrowave as much and sometimes the oven just takes too long to heat up. We will never be without our toaster oven! I will either get pita bread, tortillas or make my own crust for the pizzas and then it's just using whatever ingredients your kids will eat for the toppings;)
4. This one is one we fall to often. I will just fry an egg in some grass fed butter, roast either some sweet potatoes or potatoes and roast broccoli or cauliflower and thats our dinner! Lots of veggies with a side of egg! I am roasting veggies all the time. I grease a pan with some grass fed butter, lay the cut up veggies in an even layer and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder and maybe put a couple little dots of butter around, not many. I have a few sheet pans I will use to sometimes just put two pans in at once, usually takes about 20-25 min to roast. I love using the commercial stainless steel sheet pans!
5. Finally some of those one pan meals are really easy too! This recipe inspired me to do a sausage and potato bake. Except I sometimes won't use the peppers and onions and I buy the bulk sausage and just do little balls dropped onto the pan. And then I might roast some broccoli or do a side salad with this meal. And using those sheet pans with the sides are a must for this meal!
Hopefully, one of these recipes will inspire you or help you out with your weekly meal planning! What are some of your easy go to recipes?? Leave a comment below, we can all help each other out with our meal planning!! Thanks so much, have a great day!