5 Things I Do Every Morning
Updated: Nov 10, 2020
Good Evening!! This cold weather has me in a rut, I am so tired and just not motivated to do anything! Anyone else?! Anyway, I wanted to share a few things I do every morning to try to have the best day I can have! I would call it self care, things I do for me in the heat of doing everything else! I feel like it is crucial that you allow yourself to do things for yourself, even if they are small!
1. Prayer- Every single morning I say these two prayers right out of bed. Asking God to come into my day and lead me in the right direction with my words and actions. I also say this one, a prayer for thanksgiving, giving thanks no matter what is happening in my life is also so important! To appreciate the good and the bad! I absolutely love this daily meditation book as well, it inspires and talks to me daily! The days I miss doing these, I'm just off and I notice it. He lets me know for sure!!
2. Exercise- For me, this is something I make the extra time for, would I rather sleep in and hit snooze five million times, you bet! But I know that it makes me feel like a better person and I am so much happier after a good workout! When the kids were younger I would get up early and run on the treadmill in our basement and that worked and then I hit a rut. I was just running to run. Then I started doing a few boxing classes that my friend recommended at Title Boxing and loved it, I was getting more toned in areas I couldn't tone while just running. And after a couple of years, I needed a new challenge. Another friend of mine invited me to Orange Theory, I was hooked. I think I am at a stage in my life, where we are so busy with the kids that I don't want to think about how fast to run or what ab exercises to do. I want someone to just tell me and I will do it and that's what they do. I don't have to think about anything, for that one hour nothing is racing through my head, just focusing on my workout, it's fabulous! It is like having a personal trainer, but not if that makes sense. I also have to schedule my workouts at Orange Theory, so if it's scheduled I will not miss it. Unless the weather is bad or I was up all night with the kids and that's ok! But I think finding what is right for you in your stage of life. Maybe it's online workouts, yoga, or running on the treadmill in the basement. Find what makes you happy for that moment during your workout and it will carry throughout the day! I don't work out every day, for sure 5 maybe 6 days a week depending on the crazy week!
3. Morning Skin- After my morning workout, I always shower and I love putting on all my skincare and then applying a nice body lotion! I highlighted all the winter skincare I use in this blog post, it makes me feel so much better! I have also been using this body lotion and am loving it, the days I miss putting it on, my skin is so dry and itchy! It is so hydrating and smells so lovely! And some days I need to put a little hair perfume in, because I don't wash my hair every day ;)
4. Room Check- This might seem weird, but when the house is somewhat in order from the get-go, I feel more motivated throughout the day! So every morning either right before I take the kids to school or right after I go through each room and just straighten it up. Make my bed, start my diffuser, I love the design of this one, looks so sleek in the house. Wipe down the bathroom and empty trash and put out a clean hand towel, takes less than 3 minutes. The kids' rooms are usually ok from the night before and the girls usually make their bed before school. Clean up the kitchen after breakfast and start diffuser. Lol, I love how the diffuser lifts the mood! I love using mine daily! And I always do at least one load of laundry a day! I have been loving the products from The Laundress, smells amazing and they use clean ingredients. Little pricey, but I use this one and this one for our sheets, this one for my workout clothes and this one for my delicates. The smell fills the house and it's so good!! Otherwise, I use a Tide detergent.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar- I have been doing this for years and to this day Nate and the kids are grossed out every single time, lol! I take two tablespoons with a glass of water every morning on an empty stomach. I feel like it sets the tone for my eating habits for the day, does it always work, no, but besides that, it has amazing health benefits! Balances internal ph, regulates metabolism, and many other things! This one comes with a measuring spoon!
These are things that help me to start my day off right, they might not be things you would want to incorporate, but maybe one of these might help you to have the best day you can have! Because the rest of the day is dedicated to work, kids and family!! Some days don't go as planned, so these don't always happen and that's just life. But finding one thing that makes you happy before conquering the day might make all the difference in the world!!
Have a wonderful day!!
#selfcare #morningroutine #morningmotivation #morningworkout #morningskincare #dailyroutine #morningmeditation #dailyprayer #exerciseroutine #dailymotivation #diffuseoils #oildiffuser #dailyinspiration #morninggoals #dailygoals #inspiration